Easter is filled with kids, color, and frantic eggs hunts – which makes a great setting for taking beautiful family photos. Today, we welcome children’s photographer Rachel Hudgins, who gives her top five pointers for capturing great Easter photos and the fun of the day.
- Get your pictures with family and baskets etc, before the hunt. Everyone is excited and the energy is up.
- Embrace the colors of the holiday by including the decorations and flowers that are all around.
- Anticipate. The hunt will be over in minutes so put yourself near at least one group of hidden eggs.
- Have fun with the motion of the activity. Try panning with your subjects.
- Create a table or area where everyone counts and compares their haul, when it’s over. That way you have the color of what they collected and they are standing fairly still.
Visit Rachel’s website to see the cinematic storytelling and narrative nature of her children’s photography work.