Business Week sponsors the annual Industrial Design Excellence Awards (IDEA) and the 2006 winners includes some interesting product designs for children.
- Cupsicle Insulated My First Straw Cup by Munchkin
- BikeBoard Product Line – a bicycle that thinks it’s a skateboard. Could this become a future X-Games event? See BikeBoard in action.
- X-Base Tribord Swimming Goggles – just because kids just love goggles
- 2Seconds Tent – because kids love tents and that this tent sets up in just two seconds. See a demo and buy the tent here – now only $69. Sometimes good design is reasonably inexpensive.
- Nutty Buddy – an anatomically-improved athletic cup to protect the little ones
- MIN. Chair – a versatile chair/rocker design exploration that could just show up at IKEA
- Kodak Easyshare V570 Digital Camera – a dual-lens camera for telephoto and wide angle shots plus a revolutionary 5x optical zoom. Under $300 at Amazon.