Are you using YouTube to teach your kids? For the past year, I’ve been using YouTube as my go-to answer source for questions that my three-year-old daughter might ask. Usually a YouTube session is in store after a reading session. For example, after reading Very Hungry Caterpillar, there’s an opportunity to explain how caterpillars turn into butterflies.
- Where do chickens come from?
- What’s a rocket? See a shuttle launch.
- What is a marlin?
- What is a woodpecker?
- What are northern lights?
- What does a rattlesnake sound like?
- How does a snake eat? Warning: this video might make you queasy.
- Where does maple syrup come from? And another.
- How do I ride my Wishbone bike?
Seriously, YouTube is this generation’s Encyclopedia Brittanica. So, what have you taught your kids using YouTube?